Saturday, July 3, 2010

I hate Luv Storys -- You will hate films!

Rating: 2/5
Value: Rs.100/Rs.225

In a tweet:
You will hate films after you see this one! Extremely puerile attempt with hardly any story or anything new! Most boring! Stay, far far away!

Seeing the promos I was sure that I did not want to see this film. I find Imran Khan very irritating. Another person, whom I find quite boring is Sonam. I do not hate love stories, but I know all these new directors can hardly come up with a good, interesting film. At best they can come up with a very average film and thanks to money power, advertisement power, loyalties, and a very obedient/compliant media/film reviewers some of these movies are touted as good films and worth watching. Some even manage to get 3 stars -- despite the review saying that the movie has no story and several other faults.

Well, this review will be seedhi baat, no bakwaas! Just like in most Hindi films, I was banging my head against the nice cosy recliner sofa, in the first half an hour! Please, please, please get on with the story. No voice overs please! Can the Film ministry or the Censor board not ban such boring voice overs! BTW, this continues throughout the film!

The first half is extremely boring, puerile, and confusing. Second, half -- ditto!

On the music front, nothing great to write home about. However, the song Bin tere is quite hummable.

I hate making comments on acting (see how easily the word has come into our vocabulary thanks to a stupid film)! Honestly, very rarely do I see any acting, any actor fitting into the role of a character. Most of the acting in this film is of the same calibre! Ketki Dave -- whose ARAARARAA I loved in the TV serial -- is miscast as a Gujarati lady! I would fault the direction for the inability to make a Gujju lady get into the character of a Gujju lady! Sameer Soni as the Director is pathetic!

I think the script writing and the dialog writing department should be fired. This is one of the most pathetic scripts. (Mind you, I write as an audience without any knowledge about film making.) The story, if at all there is any, just meanders without any purpose or direction.

Why did I go and see the film? Well, I am interested in film making and thought that a spoof on film making would be worth watching.

Do our film makers not watch good cinema? If they do, how come they come up with such terrible movies?

Should you watch this movie? Of course not! It is an extremely boring film. Do not be misled by reviews (including this one!) Make your own judgement. Stay far, far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment