Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's a Wonderful Afterlife -- Preview

A friend has asked me to review this film. As we wait for the film to release here, I said why not do a preview review!

The one trailer that I saw is pretty average and not at all interesting. Absolutely stale jokes on marriage and women! All those ghosts in the movies are not really looking very scary with the prop knives stuck in all odd places.

Bend it Like Beckham was an overrated movie, so was Bride and Prejudice (assuming that it was rated at all!) Both these films are totally for the NRI audience. I have a feeling that if you are an NRI -- you would be eager to know about the lives of other NRI's. Both these films explored that angle. IAWA will also perhaps appeal to the NRI crowd. It is being released in Hindi also as Hai Marjawan!

Gurinder Chadha is a competent director and she knows her craft. Her script writer too knows his stuff! But both are not too appealing for me.

What is interesting is that GC has explored what might be a new genre -- Comedy Horror or is it Horror Comedy, whatever it may be. I think at least for this novelty angle, people might watch this film.

Would I like to watch this movie? Frankly, NO! I know what boring stuff the movie will have! Shabana seems too dreadfull to watch.

My advance ratings for this film is 2.25/5.0 and Movie Worth Rs.60/100. In other words, watch it only if you have nothing better to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment